You've changed

It's Christmas Eve Day and all through the house not a creature is stirring not even a mouse. It's a funny time of year for me. I always have too much time to reflect back. Here is a pic taken by a friend while I was presenting a talk this month at The Hamilton Potters Guild. In the back ground is me some 40 years ago with my cop moustache that I sported for probably a dozen years. They were cool then but then so was a Rat's Tail hairdo. Too much grey in it now. Nobody would believe I am only 46. I did actually start making pottery with my Uncle Jimmie when I was 6 years old .
It was Christmas Eve Day 40 years ago and I had 7 yards of cement dumped into the old field stone barn that I was turning into a studio. I had no idea how much cement that was and I kinda screwed up Christmas Eve working into the late hours shovelling and levelling. My 80 year old neighbour Elmer came over to help me out.
It is little wonder I live alone.
Then there is a pic of a lean mean guy with a six pack stomach standing in his 220 cubic foot  wood fired chamber kiln. That too was way more work than I expected. Strong back, weak mind and this crazy notion that I couldn't fail. I think most entrepreneurs have that crazy notion.
My Robin gave me this photo "You've changed". Yes, I have and so have you all. Celebrate the changes. I'm going to! "Bigger, better, more"  the title of a book on the ceramics of Viola Frey seems to fit the bill for this coming year. I'm resting today getting ready to work along side Dan Finnegan. From what I know of Dan not much moss has gathered on his life so I figure we'll make a formidable team.

Merry Christmas to all. Make art, make love, make friendships and make this coming year the very best one you can possibly sculpt.

Comments

Colleen said…
Merry Christmas Tony - all the best for 2018
gz said…
Good Adventures for 2018..and good potting!!
Cyndi said…
Happy Christmas, Tony. 2018 is going to be a very good year.

Popular Posts