Shock Treatment

Prison line up

copper red rubbed in cracks 
Blue shino rubbed in cracks

Yeller my favourite colour

As far as I know I haven’t had any electrical wires attached to my erogenous zone to shock me into making these long narrow vases.  At least I don’t remember any excitement in the regions down south. I probably do need some sort of therapy but just talking to Jack the Bear is usually enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.
 A man can’t be too predictable. It is best that he keeps surprising you otherwise life and pots become routine and boring.  I want to have something new for those in the wood fire family to look at in our up coming show at Shane Norrie Contemporary entitled “Bon Feu”. Good Fire for those that only speakada English.  I don’t want you walking in the gallery and saying oh there is a Tony Clennell jug.  How predictable! I want you to have to go up to the work, take a look and say I’ll be damned it’s Tony!  Did he have electric shock treatment on his erogenous zone?
If it looks like these are ready to flake off.  It is true they must be handled with care up until after the gloss firing. They settle down and melt providing you fire the kiln slowly. They need time to figure out where their place in life is.  I still need more time.
Some like it slow
I’m slowing down the tune
I never liked it fast
You want to get there soon
I want to get there last.
-       Leonard Cohen
Yesterday I expressed my hatred of the manibigama kiln and it’s likewise distaste for moi. I think if it were slowed down it would be a perfectly acceptable kiln. I’ve decided I don’t really like our firings when they are under 28 hours. Getting up around 32-36 hours have been best and I’m willing to bet if we fired for 48 we might never go back to 32.

Vicki Hamilton showed one of her very nice cups on FB that was gas fired and glazed in Salt Yellow. Here is a pot of one of The Cactus Lounge Flame Throwers- Anne Marie Row aka Arrow glazed in salt yellow and fired in the wood kiln here at Pinecroft. I think this is an example of Salt Yellow at it’s very best. Arrow mentioned the pot will be in the show Bon Feu. A very collectable piece to be sure.

Comments

Alex said…
Very inspirational to hear about someone pursuing their dream and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path.
Failed Back Surgery

Popular Posts