The Taste of a Truffle


It occurred to me that these days the taste of a truffle is less important than the cost of a truffle. It is expensive so it must be good. I don’t price my pots expensively. It may be a hangover from my aunt and uncle that thought every neighbour should have one of their pots.
 If I had to cross the badlands of Wyoming and I was given the choice of a Toyota or a BMW I’d pick the Toyota or as they say here in Aylmer- Tie oyta. . At least a 1/3 the price but if I had to bet on which one would make it I’d go Toyota. I make a good functioning teapot with a Toyota drive train.
My neighbour has at least 1 million dollars into his new home with an indoor wave pool and walk in closets the size of my living room.
No man feels more of a man in the world if he have a bit of ground that he can call his own. However small it is on the surface, it is four thousand miles deep; and that is a very handsome property- Charles Dudley Warner 1870

It feels good to be home here in The Cactus Lounge. It is small but full to the brim of fine craft, art and books. I was looking at those cargo container houses and thinking that would help me with expenses but what about my art? I can’t live without it!

Comments

Dennis Allen said…
I think the shipping container fad is just a way of fooling people into thinking a mobile home is chic. I haven't seen any of the Tiny Houses better appointed than or 26 ft RV either.

Popular Posts