Whodda ya luv?


Whodda ya luv?

I walk 47 miles of barbed wire,
I use a cobra-snake for a necktie,
I got a brand new house on the roadside,
Made from rattlesnake hide,
I got a brand new chimney made on top,
Made out of a human skull,
Now come on take a walk with me, Arlene,
And tell me, who do you love?

I don’t know whether to call her Rose or Sharon. I was afraid with all my travelling she was going to bloom without me. After all absence makes the heart wander. All the neighbours Rose of Sharon trees are in full bloom but my Rose or maybe Sharon is a late bloomer.  She has lots of buds so she is going to be a beauty. 
My new love is to have a beautiful garden. I may have the smallest house on the street but it will be the sexist.
One of the mentees in my wood fire group brought me a bag of Black eyed Susan’s to plant and another neighbor who has a backyard that ought to be in Better Homes and Gardens dropped by and told me I kept the house looking so nice and she would like to come over and help me further landscape. She talked about design and related it to art and pot making. The whole thing started to make sense. You don’t run around and put one here and one there. You do clusters; coordinate colour and all kinds of things I am interested in now that she put in the language of design.  Please Lord don’t let me get inflicted with the bug as badly as my buddy Robin “Grass” Hopper.  Clay has been such a selfish mistress!  I sure hope Rose or Sharon aren’t as demanding.

Comments

Annied01 said…
Oh I do believe you are going to get bitten like we have!! it started small here, one trip to the garden center and the following year 147 seedlings under lights in our basement... now I just grow what is resilient... I can pot up some vanilla ice lilies for you when I divide if you like... peonies are a fave too, and lilacs are the first sweet kiss of summer... Our garden has a blooming flower from may early creeping phlox and thyme til October, asters being our final hurrah... I always waited/hoped for someone to love me enough to bring me flowers, then I learned to grow my own!!
Dennis Allen said…
You'll be in " Better Homes and Kiln Sheds " before you know it.
smartcat said…
A garden is a lovesome thing......
You could do worse than emulate Mr. Hopper

Popular Posts