Taking handles to Rochester

I know it sounds crazy but I am currently making pots for the show in Rochester in October. The shit hits the fan in my schedule for September so I need to get them made now. I've decided I'm going to make a bunch of handles and attach some pots to them.  Each additional step a potter adds to the process takes time. I seem to keep adding more steps which isn't brilliant from a money perspective unless of course the cups cost more. There seem to be a gazillion potters making cheap cups out there. I hope in Rochester mine will be amongst the cheapest and I will sell out. I know my buddy Danny Finnegan is a good cup maker and I am pretty sure they are a main stay of his business. I love making cups and it excites me to make cups that are unique to me.  If they put your cup in a police line up would anyone be able to identify as you! Stand Out! Be Different! Making creative work is a life sentence.


Comments

Dennis Allen said…
Just came in from turning a perfectly nice bowl into a fairly useless three handled basket. Thanks a bunch !
DropStitchChris said…
my absolute favourite cups are yours Tony…
Karen Franzen said…
Thanks for the post. I am completely out of mugs. After 7 months of house renovations it sure is nice to say hello to the studio again. The first order of business a couple dozen mugs.
www.karenfranzen.com
Unknown said…
Your cups make the beverage taste better, Tony! (and that includes wine!)

Popular Posts