I'm a basket case!

No time for jet lag. I got pots to make. The next 3 months are nutzzzzzzzz for me. I have a couple of shows in Sept, a wood firing with my wood fire mentorship group,  a work shop at the Shadboldt Center in Burnaby, BC- home for a few days and then off to the Rochester Show with all the hot shots- home for a few days and then off to do a two week intensive workshop at La Meridiana in Italy. So I need to get some pots made and pronto!!!! I thought I needed some "you know me's" so I sat down and made 40 of them. When it came to trimming them I thought gee they would make nice baskets. I think this may very well be a dumb idea as a lot of people don't seem to be creative enough to figure out what to do with them. I've taken to gardening these days and I really enjoy the flowers arranged in the basket forms. The way I figure it an imaginative soul isn't predictable. Well I was playing Andrew threw 24 mini moon jars for me. He is a hellava good thrower that I call a wink and a nod. Tell him what to do and voila it is done. I'm as happy as a clam cause I get to trim them and handle them which is my favourite part of the process. I also made 8 two piece bowls that I get to trim and handle tomorrow- yep they are going to be baskets. I'm a total basket case!


Comments

gz said…
go for it!...You're on a roll !!
smartcat said…
Glad to see that you have found something to stay out of trouble!
Barbara Rogers said…
Maybe those old "call and order" businesses will start sending Clennell baskets rather than fruit baskets, chocolate baskets etc. They are the GREATEST!
Polish Pottery said…
Looks like a nice piece of work done :) Looks good and hope you will handle this

Popular Posts