Big Mama kiln

Here is a pic of the lady wood fired raku kiln built by Rita Gudino from the Philippines.  A fiber kiln was built in order to bisque fire the lady. Gee I hope they candle the flame low enough not blow this woman's breasts off. Luckily there are steam holes in each that will serve as blow holes later. What a great piece of sculpture. I could even get interested in raku with such a kiln.
Rita and her assistant that she calls the gynaecologist are doing an amazing job. They are both full of great energy that I think shows in the humour of the work. The raku babies will be delivered from her this weekend.
Here is a dragon cone pack by Joe Finch the son of Ray. Always a hero for me from Winchombe Pottery. Off to the big stage. Cheers, t



Comments

Unknown said…
That is an amazing kiln. My pal Ron Z. Used to make dragon cone packs for the salt kiln in College. Miss that...
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts