Tail

After that week of firing my internal clock is all messed up. I zonked out in the arms of my yellow chair for a few hours and went to the workshop to glaze some pots and try out my new tail. Annabelle gave me an entire deer tail. I wonder if he is missing it?
It took some getting used to using it and it dripped when I first gave it a charge of oxide. You have to commit and get the stroke done quickly. This actually suits me as I have no small motor skills at all. I had to resort to my favourite Ron Mello brush for the finer strokes.
I have never liked flat bottomed cups since they are boring to look at and all potters inspect the bottom of pots. I decorated the bottom of these cups and will use the wadding I made for the wood kiln and wad them in the gas firing. Yes, it is another few steps in the process but as I have said many times "It is what you do when you don't have to that makes good pots better. That's just another take on "God is in the details.




Comments

Love this reminder (and the look of those pots). Thanks!

Popular Posts