Dear Mrs. Button and Mrs. Diddely



Dear Ladies: I was wondering if it was hard to live with such hard working and dedicated men? I remember some time ago going to see your husband Bo Diddely and Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones play at a club in Toronto. Ron was drinking bourbon and looking rather rough while your Bo looked well rested and very much a picture of health. I remember thinking that Mrs. Diddely must be back at the hotel making sure her man eats well and gets proper sleep.
We that have committed ourselves to this craft and worked the required 9 days a week to make a living must be hard to live with.  I think I know the answer ladies but I figured I’d ask you since you lived through the good and the bad much longer than I have.
Arleen took me by my hand, she said Ooo-ee Bo you know I understand
I got a tombstone hand and a graveyard mind,
I lived long enough and I ain't scared of dying.
So from the words to Bo’s song “Who do you love” I know Mrs. Diddely your name is Arleen but if I may be so bold Mrs. Button what is your first name?
Here is an old English milk pan that we own. I don’t think it is from Soil Hill Pottery but it is a fine pot. I love the white slip finger marks left on the side of the pot.

Comments

Popular Posts