All in a days work

As part of my job as teacher of Ceramics I like to take the students to look at good pots. The Burlington Arts Center is close by and has the largest collection of contemporary pots in Canada. Jonathon Smith Curator is a wealth of information and is very enthusiastic to show the students the works in the vault. Nice to get up and personal with Cardew, Leach, Ferguson, Hamada as well as many other top shelf clay makers.


Fortunately there was a dinnerware show on which showed the Center's 20 years of selecting comtemporary Canadian dinnerware. I do love the set by Colleen O'Reilly Lafferty. My grand daughters would giggle with joy to dine at this table setting. 
We went to an awesome fish and chip shop for lunch and then back to the studio for some Tony demos. To be honest I could have had a nap.

Comments

Popular Posts